Monday 27 April 2015

A pretty card with Bohemian Bazaar Style!

Hi everyone

Thought I would share another tutorial today that matches the sunny weather we are having here today!  Mind you it is very chilly out there despite the sun - I believe our weather system is drawing down cold polar air…..someone needs to tell Mother Nature we are expecting spring weather round about now ;-)

So for those of you newly popping by I am in the process of waiting to see if I make it on to the Graphic 45 Design team…..I am convinced about now that someone is slowing down time so I am going to fill it with crafting and gardening this week to see if I can't speed it up a little.

For my round one submission I made several new projects and as usual they were all videoed to turn into tutorials to share with you all. I thought I would share this fun, bright and breezy card today that was inspired by the sunny patterns of the Graphic 45 Bohemian Bazaar paper collection.


In the tutorial I show you how I created the pretty paper woven background for this card as well as how to make a quick topper with the fabulous journalling cards that come in the Graphic 45 Paper collections.  This is just one of their many uses.


As usual I had fun making the inner as fabulous as the outer using some Tattered Lace dies which I borrowed from my Mum!  Thanks Mum x

I also show you how to make some gorgeous fabric daisy embellishments which work perfectly with my bright and breezy papers.


I know this card will make anyone smile when they receive it on their special day.  If you don't have Bohemian Bazaar papers in your Graphic 45 Collection I know that you can make this card in any of the paper collections you have treated yourself too.  You might need to change your accent card and perhaps make the flowers in a different colour but I know that this will look great whatever you choose to use.

Cutting Guide Using Graphic 45 Bohemian Bazaar papers:

White Card: 11 1/2" x 8" scored and folded at 5 3/4" and used in the landscape position.
'Wish you were here' card topper taken from the Lap of Luxury paper
White card mat for topper: 3 3/8" x 5 1/4"
Green Vivid Splendour: 5 1/4" x 7 1/2"
Blue Jasmine Nights for inner: 5 1/4" x 7 1/2"
White Card for inner: 3 1/4" x 7 1/4"
Woven panel in the tutorial was created originally at 5 1/4" x 7 1/2" but was later trimmed down to 7 1/4" x 5"
I suggest you work with these new measurements to avoid that step!

One piece of Blue Jasmine Nights for base of weave 7 1/4" x 5" see tutorial for guide to cutting.
The woven strips were cut from the Green Vivid Splendour and Yellow Bohemian Bazaar papers.
The strips measure 7 1/4" x 1/4" cut approximately 8 of each colour.

The Daisies:

Cotton fabric strips for small daisies: 1" x 4" (cut 2)
Cotton fabric strip for large daisy: 1 1/2" x 6" (cut 1)

I hope you find all the techniques in the tutorial I am sharing today useful and that you are inspired to get out your Graphic 45 papers and to get weaving - these panels would look great on cards or scrapbooking pages and I am sure on lots of your paper crafting projects too!


I'm off out to walk the dog in the sunshine now but I think I am still keeping my coat on……'Cast not a Clout 'till May is out,' as my Grandma used to say!  Brrrrrr  See you again soon and thank you again for all your good wishes and messages of support.  Sending you all big hugs - Thank you for popping by X

2 comments:

  1. WOW love your bright card Helen, some amazing techniques used as always. Please don't speed time up it is going too fast in my world i need to slow it down somehow lol.

    Would you consider entering your card into the Mixed Media World challenge of Bright Colours? It is perfect for our challenge.

    Mo :-)
    DT MMW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Helen, this card is absolutely gorgeous. Taking the time to weave paper, as we did as kids, is not only fun, using the 1/4" strips, as you have done here, creates such as sophisticated, classy look. Thank you for making this lovely card and showing us how nicely the thin strips look. I do enjoy seeing your projects show up in my email. It is the first one I open! I cross my fingers for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...