Tuesday 6 August 2013

Bo Bunny Gabrielle Layout

The sun is trying to peep from behind the clouds so it looks like it might be a nice day today (touch wood).  Here is the Scrapbook video tutorial I promised yesterday.  My computer was busy uploading all day yesterday.  The person that invents the super quick upload will make millions!!!!  Wish I had the the technical know how to tackle that one ;-)


This layout is all about ways to show of beautiful scrapbook papers.  There are many papers out there like this butterfly one that have gorgeous images on that tend to be covered up when we start to add photos and journalling.  I wanted to make the most of these two papers from the Bo Bunny Gabrielle collection.


So here are some tips for you to think about when using papers with large and beautiful images on them.  When you think about where you are going to place your photos if they overlap the images then think about cutting around the edge of the image and tucking your photo or photos behind.


Create a pocket behind your photograph so you can add a tag for your journalling.  This takes up less room on your paper and therefore shows off more of the design.

If you have chosen to frame one scrapbook paper with another then think about creating areas where you can see more of the pretty paper that may be underneath.  I have made these corseted areas.  You could also roll or fold back corners of the top paper to reveal more of the paper beneath.

I really loved how this layout turned out and I am going to mount it on a canvas as I have decided it is the start of a set of layouts of my parents and my husbands parents when they were children.  This one is of my Mum when she was 7.  I have tucked the original photo safely away in the journalling tag another thing I show you how to make on the tutorial.

This video tutorial will show you how I made this layout including all the tricks I employed to make the most of two fabulous papers.


Happy Scrappin' and thank you for popping by X

3 comments:

  1. Wow, such a beautiful layout! Those colors are lovely, and love the way you did the butterfly! Gorgeous photos, and how you personlized it with her name! Enjoy the week! Winnie#76

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Winnie, This was one of those keep it and stroke it papers!!!! My Mum was pleased with it. I just have to get round to mounting it on a canvas now. I have just realised it is WOYWW today. I haven't taken part in a while. I will have to remedy that next week. I love seeing what everyone is getting up to. Hugs Helen x

      Delete
  2. Love that your butterflies pop out, and the hidden tags are a fabulous touch! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...