Sunday 23 June 2013

Simon Says Stamp and Show - Kraft

I am posting this in the moonlight as the clock tick tocks into the early hours of Sunday!  I have been waiting for hours for a tutorial I made for this layout to upload!

I made this layout to take part in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge and this weeks theme is anything Kraft.  As I looked through all lovely Design Team projects it was Anita's creative layout that caught my eye and really made me think that I don't tend to do anything inky on my layouts other than the odd inked edge or two!  So here is where her inspiration led me!


I really liked creating the misty effect by sprinkling on embossing powders - free styling!  You have to be careful not to blow them all over your craft room but it adds great texture and is the perfect background for my Daisy Trail!


How perfectly does that Bo Bunny blue match my dress!!!  I designed it and made it myself many moons ago (1990 ish!)  I even made fabric flowers for my hair slide - if only I knew then what I know now!!!!  I could have started my own company.........;-)


Looking at this photograph I remember that my hubby always used to moan on those hot summer's evenings (in Cyprus) that the ladies had the best deal because we could wear sleeveless dresses and sandals when the men all had to wear full mess kit.  I pointed out that his shoes were at least flat so he didn't suffer with sore feet from too much dancing the night away - mind you those long dresses did cover up the fact that many of us kicked off our glamourous heels half way through the ball!!!

As you can see I have yet to journal on my tag so I think I may add this little memory of the nights we could dance until dawn and not need a week to recover!!

If you would like to see how to make this layout then please watch my video tutorial.  If you like my tutorials and want to know when I next upload don't forget to subscribe to my You Tube channel.


I think I should go to bed now before the sun comes up!  I have almost finished editing my Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2013 June tag video and I have a catch up one for March too which I hope to post tomorrow - You Tube willing!

Have a fab rest of the weekend and thank you for popping by X

5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty layout! The blue looks fabulous against the Kraft. The floral spray you made is amazing. You made me smile with the hair clip, as I had one just like it back then for a wedding I was in, and it was full of red flowers and pearls. Oh, the style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You honor me with the inspiration...thank you! Love the blue dress, and the flowers and embossing powders are fabulous with it! Love the freestyle! The Kraft base is perfect here and really makes everything pop! Fab tut and love that its on video....way to go!!!! Amazing layout! Thank you so much for krafting with us this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fly ofcolors is woderful ! Love your color combo kraft-white-blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning & beautiful LO. it's really go the wow factor & everything just pops on the page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soo very pretty Helen! Your dress was beautiful and I'm sure you were belle of the ball in it. You sure did match the flowers to your dress perfectly. The misty effect is ever so lovely and ethereal. Danicng the night away - aah, those were the days huh? :0) Mo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...