Monday 3 June 2013

Another Layout Tutorial

Good Morning, Good Morning.  I'm happy to report a sunny day and blue skies here in Derbyshire today!  Yipee finally some sunshine.  It is not hot yet but find a sheltered spot to sit a while and it is very lovely indeed.  Gardening is finally being done (mostly by hubby!) though I do have a water feature with my name on it!  Just when my nails are looking their best too.

Popping in this morning to share another tutorial with you.  Actually it is half tutorial and half fast forward guide!  This layout is completely different to yesterdays and I wanted to show you how I made a dimensional frame for my layout.  I have chosen to go the whimsical route which makes it the perfect layout for fun children's photos.  I also think you could use the same technique to create a pin board or blackboard layout....see what you think.


This layout was inspired by a recent purchase of some Fern and Forest papers by Little Yellow Bicycle.  This the first time I have worked with these papers and I like them a lot.  The quality is fab.  When I shaped the paper frame I had no problems with cracking and even though I built support into the frame it held it shape well.  In fact the support was really only there because I don't want it to crush when it goes into a page protector....and from the pile of layouts I have that may be a while away yet!!!


I  have been thinking a bit about what my style is and I think I am a bit of a design gypsy.  I love the process of designing and I want to start out with the inspiration.  For this layout it was the fab woodgrain paper and then to see where I end up and this time it was to create this whimsical layout.  As you can see I had loads of fun doodling and then doodling some more!  That photo of Callum peeking through a hollow in a tree was perfect for this look.  It is all about the journey for me and all the inky papery fun I have along the way and if the destination looks fab then I am a happy bunny indeed!!


I really liked the cute bugs on this layout especially these love bugs!  How cute and so easy.  I am definitely a hap hazard scrapbooker and I just rifle through my photos both digital and prints until something grabs me and then I go for it.  These photos were taken in 2008 when Callum was 9 and now he is 14 and taller than me!  Here is the video link:


Well I'm off to have my breakfast and then I have another layout video to finish editing and card packs to finish off for my lessons at the end of the week.  I am looking forward to catching up with the girls and to having our usual weekend of chatting and laughing and coffee with biscuits oh and maybe a bit of crafting occurs too! 

Wishing you a gorgeous sunny day and thank you for popping by X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...