Tuesday 28 May 2013

Graphic 45 May Challenge

I am taking part in the Graphic 45 May Challenge and I thought I would share my layout here too.


This layout was going to include a vine of flowers I made using some of the die cut flowers from the Secret Garden collection but the more the design evolved the less they looked right.  It works like that sometimes.  I spent quite a bit of time getting the details into this layout and much fussy cutting in front of the TV!


I love to find ways to incorporate hidden journalling into a layout and the May Flowers 12 x 12 had the most gorgeous post card designs which I created this pretty panel with and when you lift it up it reveals......

......a great place to journal and a spot for another photo too!  I fussy cut around the ribbon and tucked a photo of hubby and I underneath so we are bound together forever!  You can see I haven't journaled yet as I have decided to make my layout into a canvas as these gorgeous Secret Garden papers will look fab in our bedroom so I may get romantic with my journalling ;-)  So I am sparing your blushes and mine !!!


I have two secret places to journal if you count the little pocket and tag which is from the Secret Gardens Tag and Pockets die cuts - these are so cute.  I shaped some of the flower centre die cuts with my embossing tool to make the little paper buttons top left and bottom right.  I spent ages looking at all my letters.  You know how you do and you can never find the letters you want for the title you have in mind so I decided to mix and match letters and to coordinate them by painting them white with my new Picket Fence Distress Paint and then I added silver gilding.  As you can see I accented the whole layout with silver gilding and I am really pleased with the way it turned out as it compliments the shabby chic look of this layout without overpowering it with too much bling.  A couple of charms strung on strings of pearls and I am ready to put this onto a box canvas.  I might add a bit more of the fussy cut blossom branches to the edges of the canvas as I spent so long cutting it all out!

And I still have my flower vines so I am going to use them on another little project and will share them later along with my finished canvas......so long as there is no peeking at the journalling mind!!!! ;-)

Thank you for popping by and brightening an otherwise very grey day! x

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Helen! All that fussy cutting - I bet your finger and thumbs were covered in grooves by the time you'd finished, hehe. The 'secret' journalling area is a great idea and thank you for sparing my blushes, hehe. :0) Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super beautiful! I love these papers, and the floral swag you have around the layout is just wonderful! Great idea to have hidden doors as well for journaling or more photos...I love that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...