Tuesday 30 April 2013

Tag Tuesday - Letter Q

Hi everyone.  I did think I might have trouble with the letter Q and this weeks alphabet tag.  There are not as many words that begin with Q so I thought I might have the same problems with Zentangle Patterns ........but no there were 3 Q Patterns and I have used them all on my tag this week.  QUANDARY is on the top bow, QUILTZ on the bottom and my favourite this wee (coz it was easy peasy!) was QUEEN'S CROWN which I made a frame around my tag with.

My other inspiration was of course origami paper bows!  I have made tons since I learnt how to make them last weekend!!!  I think I am just about bowed out for a while but they made a cute embellishment on my tag this week.


I made a little fast forward video of this one if you care to follow this link (for some reason the usual direct link to You Tube isn't cooperating today!).

On the subject of tags.  I was blog hopping and found some gorgeous tags inspired by Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2013 and thanks to Theresa  I am hooked again.  If you want to pop along and see what I mean follow this link.   I am working on my catch up tags and am looking forward to playing along again on the 1st of May.  I think its official I am a tagaholic because I am also creating some online classes for some of the tags I made last year!  Gotta love a tag!  If you love tags to then why not follow this link and visit a lovely bunch of tag artists also inspired by the letter Q this week.

Thanks for popping by X

7 comments:

  1. Love this tag Helen, and I'm very excited that you're making some online classes for some of your others. I really like the colours you've gone with this week too. Looking forward to seeing your 'Tim tags' :0) Mo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mo. I just noticed the link didn't work over at Tag Tuesday so I have been back to put it right! I have another video in the pipeline for my take on Tim's February tag but I haven't edited it yet. I might have a go at catching up with another one tomorrow. I like the look of Aprils even though I don't have the paints......so many things to tempt us!! I am videoing a tag tutorial for my shop and was working on the template for it this afternoon so no dies required!!! I just learned how to use the pen in Photoshop so that should help me get a neat finish on my template. My head hurts now so I am going for a TV break! Hugs Helen x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I do love this tag, Helen - and all the others too! They are simply beautiful.

    Thanks for your 2 lovely comments on my blog - so nice to find some comments again, as it's been very quiet on there for a long time as I haven't got time for it at the moment. We've had good news on the house move front and things should happen fairly quickly now, we think. We'll probably be in the new house sometime in July after the builders have finished, and then I can get stuck into my new ARTHaven!! I can't wait.

    So glad you liked my hubby's mechanical birthday card. I made it some time ago, but revamped the post recently because someone has kindly made a printable template for it. He's getting a bought card this year because I can't make anything at the moment!

    Also really glad you like my Zentangle album. It's an ongoing project. I drew the basic shapes for the cover with pencil, deciding where the all-important white space would be, and then gradually filled it up, trying to balance the contrast etc. between the different patterns. I'm too tired most of the time these days to do any tangling - too busy packing, clearing out unspeakable kitchen cupboards etc. etc. so no energy left!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll get there Shoshi! Keep picturing yourself creating in your beautiful room! I have a similar set up to what you describe and it works very well. My husband and son converted the garage... with some help from a friend with the know how and then I got to grips with the Ikea flat pack. I even did the skirting and arcitrave! I have a lot of space but I still manage to work myself into that little postage stamp of space!!! x

      Delete
  4. I love the black and white! The bows are wonderful and frilly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Anita - Origami bows are new to me and I am putting them on everything at the moment!! Practice makes perfect ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...