Friday 23 March 2012

Too Nice to Stay Indoors

Today I just could't stay in and craft - though I was torn.  It was so nice outside I had to get out there.  So I took Comet for a walk along the canal.  It was warm and surprisingly quiet as it is a favourite walk for a lot of people when the weather is nice......And we have to make the most of any decent weather we get incase we don't see it again for a while!!

I think he is smiling!
Yesterday I had another meeting about my website and it looks like we are on the final straight.  It is exciting to see it all coming together but I need to keep my logic head on now as it doesn't matter how pretty it is if it is hard to use! 

I know that the websites I like to use best combine style, clarity and ease of use.  So that is my goal.  By far the hardest thing for me has been the text.  Every time I think I have finished a bit I go back to it and change it again!  

I have been learning about how to make my website more likely to be found when someone is searching for a particular topic.  Sometimes I get a bit bogged down with jargon I don't understand.  But I am learning the language slowly.  So I now know what a meta tag is and that my website will be crawled by Google and other search engines and that I want to have great SEO and if I get really hungry I can follow the breadcrumb trail back to my home page!!  Hey ho if my body was as exercised as my brain has been lately my jeans wouldn't be so tight!

I am off to finish my Graphic 45 challenge project now.  I might be able to post it tomorrow if I get on with it.  See you soon!

5 comments:

  1. UI is really important - I spend 50% of my working life working on it......glad to hear you are thinking about it. Are you planning on some usability testing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikki - UI......you've lost me.....and just when I thought I was getting the hang of it. I will be testing it, is that what you mean? All help gratefully received, Helen X

      Delete
  2. User Interface.....its about how users interact with your website - where you put buttons, how you shape the page all sort of things, not just colours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki, As you know we as crafters want thinks to look good which I hope I have. I think I have really tried to make things as clearly and simply laid out as I can. I know that when I come across a site that looks crammed full to the brim it puts me off trying to work out how to get from A to B. As the site is coming together now I am trying to make the navigation of the site as simple as possible. Love to chat to you about it though to get your thoughts. Thanks Nikki.

      Delete
  3. no problem - you know where to find me.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...