Tuesday 20 March 2012

Spring is Here Today......

Hope that you are having the same lovely sunshine as we have here today.  I have been out in the garden and have finally put in the poor daffodil bulbs that have been valiantly trying to sprout in their yellow string bag in the green house!!


Poor old bulbs!  I feel guilty as they should be looking like this about now.  Will I get my new daffodils in the summer I wonder!!


There are lots of signs of life in the garden now and it was lovely being out in the sun with the birds singing.  I hope it stays nice for the weekend as we want to dismantle a leaking water feature and it is a bit of large job.  There are quite a few shrubs that could do with moving to roomier positions and I think they are going to be difficult to get out.  But thats another job for another day.

Being in the garden inspired me to make a card with flowers on - back in a bit..........


Hope you like the card.  I layered up some Kanban papers for the background (Deco Milano and Tartan) and a little black card to add some impact...oh and the always useful Craftwork Cards sentiment.  A bit of ribbon to keep the bunch of snowdrops together and pin flair glue gel to keep the flower heads in place a couple of gems and I finished these flowers much cleaner than when I was planting daffodils!


Here is the card we made in a class I taught.  I love making these snowdrops.  In fact I love making paper flowers full stop.  I designed the snowdrops when I was trying to make different types of flowers from paper for the class.  I love using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die for this.  It has such a good variety of petal shapes and sizes that I managed to make paper Irises and Chrysanthemums too.  I need to have a go at a daffodil next time I think.  I can do the base of the flower it is the cup shaped centre that poses the problem for me.... and the postman if I manage it!!

If you would like to know how to make the paper snowdrops then please follow this link to a tutorial.  Don't forget to let me know how you get on if you try making them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...